Connaught Hall was originally opened in 1880's as a concert and meeting hall very much Victorian with pillars and balconies and a magnificent dance floor. The hall is currently used regularly for tea dances, exhibition, concerts, dinner/dances and shows. The hall can seat 500 theatre style for a show or concert and 300 cabaret style for dinner/dances with a good size dance floor.
A magnificent room added to the end of the Stone Hall in 1867. This room was formally a debating chamber and the original furniture is normally kept in that style. The Cinque Ports Bailiffs Banner over the Mayor's chair along with paintings, charters and books of Remembrances all relate to the history of Dover. This room can be used for meetings, seminars and even luncheons for up to 35 people. The chamber is also licensed for civil wedding ceremonies.
Maison Dieu Stone Hall
Maison Dieu Stone Hall is the oldest and most grand of all the rooms. Originally founded in 1203 and refurbished in 1853 by William Burges. The windows are a wonderful example of Victorian stained glass and depict six Lord Wardens of the Cinque Ports in scenes from Dover's past. The hall is complete with flags and banners of the Cinque Ports, arms and armour and portraits of former dignitaries of Dover. With its high roof the hall is a wonderful setting for banquets, seating 300, receptions, exhibitions and civil wedding ceremonies.
The Mayors Parlour, resplendent with a large round table and furniture styled by William Burges, was added to the Maison Dieu in the 1880's. The room was for the use of the Town Mayor and the Charter Trustees.